Rather than post nothing, I will post what a medical doctor-turned-homeschooling-mom is doing so much of that keeps her from her hobby of informing anyone who Googles by that homeschooling is awesome and changing the way you eat can sprout you wings:
1. Laundry. Good grief. Does it ever stop?
2. Cooking. Really. But apples and bananas are great shortcuts.
3. Homeschool is back in full session. Why is it taking longer this year?
4. Date nights are over rated. We believe those who exercise together stay together: Taking long walks and bike rides with my husband while a sitter watches the kids before winter rips into South Dakota in a month.
5. Doing extensive amounts of REAL continuing medical education that actually counts toward medical licensure. This nutrition and alternative health stuff does not count. There’s probably somebody sitting somewhere monitoring physicians who buy into this stuff and who then make it difficult for their re-licensure.
6. Preparing to teach a chemistry class for our homeschool group. Sucker.
7. Continuing to read through what is reported on my Metametrix GI Profile Report so I can type up a post on it. Next up is the adiposity index.
8. Sleeping longer because the sun is setting earlier and rising later. Mmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. This IS the life. Too bad I can’t eat bon-bons anymore. Sardines aren’t bad.
9. Keeping up with family and friends. No matter what. This is the most important. These are fantastic people.
Thanks for reading. Writing has been all my pleasure! What’s filling up your time? I know. Laundry. And YOU love it.
May you and your family be happy, content, and harmonious!
My wings are starting to sprout, how are yours coming along?! Diet and nutrition should count towards continuing medical licence education. These people need to know that!
Doing great here! Got my husband’s cholesterol back, and it is a great profile after one year of our change–so we’re soaring. I was holding my breath as he is implicitly letting my feed him this way…If I correct myself, there are nutrition classes, but they revolve around the ADA, AHA, classic food allergies, etc. Not around what I am coming to realize: diet is not one size fits all, nutrients count, it’s not just about what you put in but also what you have to leave out, food intolerances can appear in unique ways in people, some people do much better with a low carbohydrate content, fiber can cause some people problems, low-fat may be a problem, protecting our gut bacteria is vital, etc. Dr. Eade’s over at Diagnosis: Diet has informed me that there is a small group of physicians working on getting some CME that explores some of these ideas. So, we’ll see!
We hike and hike. It is amazing how quickly the time fills up. I am not sure how I worked full time with three kids. I am amazed by those who can get it all done. Homeschooling has slowed us down in a wonderful way!
Hiking sounds glorious! Thank you for putting in your comment for others to read (and me!)! How did we do it? I second your thoughts for sure! Our time fills up so quickly, and I can’t imagine removing 40 or more, or even 12, of those hours from my week! What would I choose to leave out? Have a super week!
Ah, yes, laundry. Some days I love it so much, I save it for a later savoring and push mow the lawn instead! I read a lot, books made of ink on paper, on the porch with nature.
Oh, yes. The lawn. Laundry. Lawn. Toss up here. But a book with ink on paper on a porch…truly unbeatable. I’m relaxing just thinking of it…
LOL! Who loves laundry??!!
I have tried to like Sardines but I just can’t. I hated fish to start with but now I love salmon, but Sardines are yucky!!
I can do it all now–except anchovies are yuck. Feed it to me, baby. In the name of health. Just don’t make me do laundry.
I’ll do the laundry any day. For me, the mountains of DISHES are far more daunting. Such is life on SCD/GAPS!
I’m getting quite tired of both. Quite. We’re about to go whole food raw. No cutting or chopping required. Just wash and go. Sushi for protein every now and then. (Joking. My kids are getting old enough to unload the dishwasher so that helps some! It does happen. They do grow.)