Awesome side dishes for the grill, and they just about couldn’t be easier! Happy Fourth of July! The pineapple, if you like pineapple, is an absolute MUST TRY! Try it! Try it!
Great Grilled Veggies
2 zucchini, sliced in long, diagonal slices that won’t fall through your grill grid
2 yellow squash, sliced in long, diagonal slices that won’t fall through your grill grid
1 bunch of asparagus with the woody ends cut, off, leaving the crisp, tender tops.
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2-3 pinches of salt
2 twists of cracked pepper from the grinder
2 large pinches of dried thyme
2 large clove of garlic, minced
1. Slice vegetables.
2. Mix together marinade ingredients in a small bowl and place in a Ziplock baggie or any vessel you use to marinade food in. Reserve 2 tablespoonsful of marinade and set aside.
3. Add vegetables to marinade and store in refrigerator; overnight gives superb flavor.
4. Grill vegetables directly on the grill until browned. Remove prior to burning and let the ones that fall into the flames–let them go!
5. Place surviving grilled veggies on a serving dish and splash with reserved marinade.
1. If desired, use your hands and spread about 1 tablespoonful of honey on exterior of pineapple.
2. Dust with ground cinnamon on all sides.
3. Place directly on grill, turning every few minutes, until grilled on all sides.
4. Slice as desired and serve.
5. Absolutely fabulous. We fight over the last piece.