Three things I love about motherhood:
1. Walking into the bathroom minutes before leaving for a Dr. Seuss party and seeing a lovely 7-year-old child’s eyes rimmed completely around with black eyeliner and black mascara. Can anyone say, “One fish, two fish…”?
“Hi! Are you seven? Are you getting gussied up to go to the Dr. Seuss party? Oh–no? That’s right! You’re the one whose mom planned the Sweet Valley High party for the homeschool group this year! Cool! My mom says I can’t go, though.”
2. Reheating my coffee five times and finishing it cold at 3 pm.
“Where are your shoes?…What do you mean you don’t know–I told you 15 minutes ago it was time to leave! Where are they…well where’s the other one?…FINE. Just wear your crocs. [Weather report: 10 degrees with 30 miles per hour winds]…What?…I DON’T CARE IF THEY DON’T MATCH! WE ARE LATE!”
Yes. For sure I am out of my league in this nomination! Victoria at Homemaking With Heart, the blogger who nominated me, seems to be the epitome of A Beautiful Mama. Reading her blog reminds me to be nicer. Thank you, Victoria, for sharing your love, warmth, and beauty with the world.
My nomination for A Beautiful Mama award goes to a mother with an issue near and dear to my heart, as somebody very close to me has the same issue she does: primary biliary cirrhosis.
Here is where the “Beautiful Mama” award seemed to have originated: http://atlantamomofthree.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/beautiful-mama-blog-award/.
And here is what you had to do to accept the award:
“Ladies, to accept the award, please do the following things:
- Click the above award image, save it and use it in your acceptance post.
- List 3 things you love about motherhood.
- Nominate other deserving mamas; you may choose as many as you like. (And let them know of the nomination)”
Seriously, I love being a mom. It stretches my self-discipline to the max. And rewards me with spontaneous hugs, smiles, hand-drawn pictures, and a cup of red Kool-Aid that runneth over onto white carpet.