Ouch! You’ve gone Paleo, GAPS, SCD, Primal, or Whole30, and now you realize eggs just don’t sit well with you and/or your family! I can’t give you scrambled eggs, but I can get you back in the swing of some of your favorite salads!
1. Wash, slice, and peel avocado. (How to slice and peel an avocado.)
2. Cut the avocado slices into smaller chunks and place in the blender with the apple cider vinegar and a couple of pinches of salt.
3. Blend as well as you can, stopping frequently to stir the avocado so the blender can blend it.
4. Slowly add in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of olive oil, little by little, stopping blender as needed to stir the mixture.
5. Add enough oil to give you the consistency of mayonnaise, blending until you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
So far I’ve used mine to make my curried chicken salad (shown here on the exceptionally-abundant-this-time-of-year zucchini), broccoli salad, and to top hamburgers! The salads look basically the same, and really, they taste basically the same. My kids have eaten them without a blink or notice.
Change isn’t an easy road. But I can do it. And so can you. I beg you to take the time and effort needed to identify how food treats you and those you love. Be honest about it. And think of creative ways to let those foods go so you can feel better.–Terri