Our family really loves this recipe. It is very quick to make and super easy. It can be made dairy-free by using olive oil in place of the butter. It is good for when you want something that is easy but still very yummy! 😉
(Served four with leftovers.)
2 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips or use the pre-cut “tenderloins”
1/4-1/2 cup melted butter or olive oil
Salt, 1 teaspoon
Pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
Paprika (or smoked paprika), 1 teaspoon
Oregano, 1-2 teaspoons
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius).
2. Place the chicken in a 9X11 pan. (Don’t be afraid to cram ’em in there.)
3. Drizzle the chicken with either melted butter or olive oil.
4. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and oregano.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until juices run clear when the chicken is pressed down with a fork.
Serve alongside a side of potatoes or sweet potatoes or rice or squash and something beautifully green.
Family “gustar” report: 100% success rate. Everybody approved. Super delicious and super easy. If you want to make it even better, then consider pounding your chicken. But this adds a little more mess, work, and time. I am in fifth grade, and I make this for the family myself.
Warmest wishes for health and happiness from our kitchen to yours–from our family to yours!
~~Mary and Terri