It’s nice to have original blog posts and recipes, but I got to thinking about that. Perhaps blogging is really just about getting good ideas more exposure. And this granola from Paleo Parents is more than a great idea! It has become a staple in our house!
The granola recipe I’m going to share is from Paleo Parents, and it really is super, duper delicious. My kids devour it, and my husband swears I add some sort of grain. I found this granola recipe early in our eating transition, and I have never had the need to look for or try another. If anyone tries this, too, I’d love to hear a comparison to other recipes out there.
I repeat, this is NOT my recipe. It is from Paleo Parents, but it is so good, I want to share the word! Drawing on my experience in making the recipe:
- I have used both large flaked coconut and finely flaked coconut. Both good.
- I use the food processor to grind the macadamia nuts and walnuts very finely.
- I have used all kinds of different nuts, rather than macadamia and walnuts, and all are good.
- I usually use raisins, not cranberries.
- I put the dates in my food processor and grind them up in there.
- When I make it, it doesn’t seem to need the whole recommended cooking time. It is better taken out when barely even just lightly brown. SO WATCH IT CLOSELY!! Set out to cool before putting it into storage. By doing this, you’ll get clusters in your granola!
Lastly, I almost always double the recipe.
Paleo Parents’ Grain-Free Granola Recipe
- 1 1/2 C sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 C walnuts, finely chopped or pureed
- 1 C macadamia nuts, finely chopped or pureed
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 1/2 C fresh dates, diced
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 C honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
So gather those granola ingredients together and head on over to get the instructions at Paleo Parents. The super fun and kid-friendly instructions are there along with the cutest photos! Please head on over to Paleo Parents website to check out all their awesome recipes and information! You will enjoy it immensely!!!
You may also be interested in: Grain-Free Breakfast Ideas, Grain-Free Waffles, and Grain-Free Pancakes
Posts in the Draft Bin: Spontaneous posts until all guests return from whence they came. However, I’m formulating a list of FODMAPS that are GAPS legal for myself that I look forward to sharing.
I finally made this today. It is DIVINE!!!
I 100% agree. Not a thing to miss from a cereal box, is there?(!!!)